Sunday 2 May 2010

Pink Flamingo Gift Box set.....

This Project has certainly got some Summer Sun! Unlike the weather here at the moment - Bank Holiday Weekend Weather!!!! Oh! Well Craft it is then....

I found this lovely tutorial over at Betsy's Blog, for the folded flowers and I just loved the effect, Thanks Betsy. I made a few and decided to use them for this little Gift Set using the Pink Flamingo papers. They co-ordinate with Cameo Coral and Summer Sun beautifully....

The cardstock is the textured, Cameo Coral and Whisper White. The sentiment is Vintage Vogue, which I am just finishing off my Class for Tuesday, probably be finished tomorrow.
You can see the flower better here - in the Cameo Coral print.

The other flower is on top of the Gift Box. This box is the same size and measurements as the one we made on Tuesday.
Lid is 7 7/8" x 7 7/8" Scored at 1" and 2" on all four sides. Cut away the L Shapes on the corners as usual.
Layers are 3 5/8" x 3 5/8" whisper white, 3 3/8" x 3 3/8" Cameo Coral paper, 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" Cameo Coral Textured, 2 1/4" x 2 1/4" textured white. The ribbon is white Satin.
Base is 11 3/4" x 11 3/4" Scored at 2" and 4" on all four sides. Cut away the L Shapes on the corners as usual.

Layers for the sides, 3 1/2" x 1 3/4" whisper white textured, 3 1/4" x 1 1/2" Pink Flamingo paper. You need 4 of each,
The textured cardstock is brilliant for making these sort of boxes as the cardstock is soft but so sturdy, especially if the sides are doubled up!




With the left overs I made a Tag to match. Its 10cm x 6cm. I took 2cm off each corner at the top. A Filigree brad was added to the top, I will wrap around a piece of silver elastic cord around the brad to attach it to a Gift. The Friends stamp was stamped first in Cameo Coral and then again in Summer Sun and popped up with the foam pads.


With a little bit of pricking and the tag was complete.....


To Make the Flowers.......
Punch out 8 Scallop circles in the paper of your choice, I used the pink flamingo for mine.
Fold them all in half. Make sure you fold them on a full scallop!

Then fold them in half and then in half again. Until you get this triangle shape.

Punch out a Scallop Circle in cardstock for the base.

Start adding the folded scallops in a circle using the one in cardstock as your guide.

I used snail to do mine. You only glue the bottom of the folded scallop not the top part.

Add a large clear rhinestone to the centre or what ever you fancy for the centre.



Add to your project to finish.


Pop over to Betsy's Blog for her Tutorial on these Flowers.
Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

11 comments:

Kim said...

Not really a pink girl but I do like the colour combo of this lovely set. Have a good bank holiday. Kim x

Christina Ammann said...

Einfach wunderschön, fantastisch.

En liebe Gruess
Christina

pink lady said...

Wow these are beautiful, the colours are stunning and that flower is amazing! x

Liam said...

Beautiful job. Love it. thanks for sharing. Hi Jenny I thought I would let you know that I nominated you for a blog award. I know you don't do blog awards but I thought I would let you know anyway just to say you are an inspiration to me. You can have a look on my blog if you like.

Liam

Gail said...

Great set! thanks for sharing the how to on the flower ;)

Aquarius said...

Another great project - I do like the look of these flowers

Janette said...

the colours remind me of fruit salad chews...hmmm....now I have a hankering for them...wonder where I can get some from ???? anyone know LOL.......
Love the box, tag and card....cant wait to see what we make tomorrow I just love the VV set...
TFS
Hugs
janette x

Stamping Moments said...

You can get the Fruit Salad Sweets in the little sweet shop in Court Yard Centre and the Sweet Shop in Broadstone.

Not that I buy them!!!

They do Black Jacks as well. Remember them?

Lesley Edmonds said...

This is a great tutorial. Thanks so much.
Lesley x

Ayana Posadas said...

This set is so pretty!
I love how you made the flower on top of the box! Thanks so much the tutorial. :)

Anne said...

thank you very much


http://lespassetempsdalexandrine.over-blog.net/article-mini-album-de-photographies-scolaires-111178859.html

 
09 10